Twisha Sharma Death Case: MP High Court Orders Second Postmortem To Be Conducted At AIIMS Delhi Or Jammu

Spread the love


The Madhya Pradesh High Court has granted permission for a re-postmortem in the death case of Twisha Sharma, paving the way for a fresh medical examination amid ongoing scrutiny surrounding the case.

According to available information, the second postmortem will be conducted either at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in Delhi or at a medical facility in Jammu. The decision is expected to provide further clarity regarding the circumstances surrounding Twisha Sharma’s death.

The court’s order comes after demands for a fresh forensic examination were raised, with concerns reportedly being expressed over the earlier postmortem findings. Authorities are now expected to coordinate the transfer of the body and related legal formalities for the procedure.

Model and actress Twisha Sharma, who met Samarth Singh through a dating app in 2024 and married him in December 2025, was found hanging at her marital home in Bhopal’s Katara Hills area on May 12. 

Govt Proposes To Transfer Case

Earlier today, the Madhya Pradesh government proposed to transfer the case involving Twisha Sharma, the Noida woman who was allegedly harassed for dowry and died last week, to the Central Bureau of Investigation, officials said.

The notification has been issued by Home Department Secretary Krishnaveni Desavatu, an official said.

“It is proposed to transfer the investigation of the case registered at Katara Hills Police Station under Sections 80 (2), 85, 3(5) of the Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita, and Section 3/4 of the Dowry Prohibition Act, regarding the dowry death incident that occurred on May 12, 2026, to the Central Bureau of Investigation,” the notification said.

The family of the 33-year-old model turned actor accused her in-laws of pushing their daughter to death. Her in-laws claim she was addicted to drugs, PTI reported.

Family Welcome Move

Family members of late Twisha Sharma on Friday welcomed the Madhya Pradesh government’s decision, calling it a long-awaited step towards justice in the case.

Reacting to the development, Twisha Sharma’s uncle, Lokesh Sharma, said the state government had finally acted in the interest of justice, though he felt the move should have come much earlier.

“We welcome this. The Madhya Pradesh government has now taken a step towards justice for the victims, a step that should have been taken much earlier. We thank the MP government for this,” he told ANI.

Meanwhile, Twisha’s cousin, Ashish Sharma, alleged that the delay in the investigation was caused by the accused persons’ influence and demanded accountability for those who allegedly aided them even after the incident.

“It is very clear that this delay happened because of their power and influence. The government must identify the people who kept helping the culprits even after the crime. This outcome is the result of the efforts of those who fought for justice for Twisha,” he said.

While expressing gratitude to the officials involved in the decision, Ashish Sharma said the delay in action would continue to pain the family and stressed that such situations should not recur.

“This should not happen to anyone else. Timely action must be ensured. The law should work for justice, not for the rich or influential,” he added.



Source link


Spread the love

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *