Man seeks action against youth over daughter’s death in Erode

Spread the love


Claiming that a youth was responsible for the death of his 16-year-old daughter, a man, along with his family, submitted a petition to the district administration at the weekly grievances meeting in Erode on Monday (May 18, 2026), seeking action against him.

In the petition, R. Murugesan of Thavittupalayam in Anthiyur taluk, who runs a salon, said his daughter, who had appeared for the Plus One examinations, informed him on April 21, that a youth, who had allegedly been in a relationship with her for the past four months, was troubling her. Murugesan said that though he and his wife counselled her, she remained distressed and in fear, claiming the youth had threatened to misuse photographs taken earlier.

He said the family took away her mobile phone and went to sleep after dinner. On April 22, he allegedly received a call on his daughter’s phone from the youth, who abused and threatened him. Murugesan said he disconnected the call, after which his daughter became upset and cried.

According to the petition, she was later sent to his mother-in-law’s house, where she went to the bathroom but did not return for a long time. Around 1 p.m., his in-laws informed him about the same over the phone. When the family reached the house, they found the bathroom locked from the inside. She was found unconscious and rushed to the Government Hospital in Anthiyur, where doctors declared her dead.

The body was later taken to the Government Erode Medical College and Hospital in Perundurai for post-mortem. Murugesan said the autopsy was conducted on April 24 and that he approached the Anthiyur police station the following day. He alleged that police personnel had gone to Kallakurichi and Villupuram districts in search of the youth but returned without securing him.

He further alleged that despite 26 days having passed since his daughter’s death, no action had been taken and the post-mortem report had not been provided to the family. He also claimed that police had taken away a note left by his daughter and sought copies of both the note and the FIR. Seeking justice, he urged the authorities to take immediate action against the youth, whom he held responsible for his daughter’s death.

Assistance for overcoming suicidal thoughts is available on the State’s health helpline (104) and Sneha’s suicide prevention helpline (044-2464 0050).



Source link


Spread the love

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *